Thursday, August 5, 2010

8/2 J Marks Fort Lauderdale

I visited the new J Marks in Fort Lauderdale, in the place formerly occuppied by Bennigans on US1 just north of Sunrise Blvd. This is the 2nd location for J Marks as they also have a location in Pompano. J Marks is very similar to places like J Alexanders and to a lesser extent, Houstons, where they have a large menu and a large range of prices on their entrees. I usually don't care for places like this as I find they all offer food that is decent to good, but never great. I would classify my meal at J Marks as exactly that. It's a nice place to go with a group that can't agree on a place and everyone will at least be satisfied with their meal, but its nothing really worth going out of your way for.

I ordered the fish and chips, which was a plentiful portion of cod fish, lightly battered and deep fried. The very friendly waitress told me that the chips where the kind of very skinny/stringy fries that I don't particularly like, so I substituted mashed potato's, which was pretty good.

Overall, J Marks is a decent choice for predictable food and an easy compromise for a group.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Houston's and less so J. Alexanders. I'd never heard of J. Mark's but after reading your review I checked out the menu online. I love the veggie burgers at Houstons and J Alexanders and it looks like they don't have one. Lame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a veggie burger eater but I was at Duffy's last week (In the Harbortown Shoppes though they have a ton of other locations)with my sister who ordered one and it looked and tasted suprisingly good. Again I'm no expert here, so I could be way off.

    ReplyDelete